Please use Contact Form below to enquire for availability.
- Bedroom 1 has a double bed.
- Bedroom 2 has a double bed.
- Bedroom 3 has a small double bed.
- (2 person Sofa bed in living room)
- Bedroom 4 has a double bed.
THIS ROOM IS ACCESSED BY STEEP EXTERNAL STAIRCASE
Enquire for details
Bathroom with bath and shower.
Separate shower and WC.
Towels and a toilet roll included.
Kitchen with lots of work surfaces and cupboards.
Range with gas hob and oven, fridge, microwave.
Welcome pack include salt, pepper, dishwasher tablet, washing up liquid and small sample of food items.
Sofa and chairs.
Sofa converts to a double bed if required.
Television with English freesat, DVD player that plays CDs also.
Patio doors out to BBQ area.
WiFi is available at no extra cost. It is not super-fast or 100% reliable but normal
browsing and email is fine.
All bed linen and a set of towels is included.
Please bring your own towels for pool use.
The property is cleaned and linen changed prior to arrival.
For multiple weeks a linen change for each week will be provided.
Children welcome, pets may be accepted.
Rural, bring your night eyes as there are no street lamps. Star spotters are in
for a treat as the Milky Way is very visible.
All main accommodation is on the ground floor with no stairs.
We have added a further bedroom to the accommodation available for guests due to requests.
This room is only accessible from the outside via a steep metal staircase.
There is no bathroom /WC attached to this room currently, so guests will have to use the main house facilities.
BBQ furnished with charcoal for the first burn.
Seating for 8 plus table, 2 sun loungers.
16 foot diameter by 48 inch deep pool for children (sole use).
Vegetable garden/orchard may have surplus fruit etc. Please help yourself to whatever is in season.
30 acres of land to explore – There may be cows and sheep in some fields, please avoid these or use usual caution.
Places of interest
- 1.6 km (20 min walk) to Pétillat Earl – a very fine local vineyard
- 12 km to forest, 70 km to Tronçais – the largest oak forest in Europe with plentiful walks and restaurants
- 66 km to Le Veurdre, wine tasting, canoeing and an English butcher for bacon and sausages
- 83 km to Apremont-sur-Allier, one of the most beautiful villages in France, chateaux and restaurant
- 74 km to Magny-Cours (French Grand Prix) offers many car and bike related events
- 30 km to the fortress at Bourbon with thermal baths
- 17 km to Souvigny monastery, the pilgrimage centre of Europe 1000 years ago
- 26 km to Moulins, cathedrals and see the birth place of Joan of Arc
- 145 km to Sancerre and Pouilly for great wine although closer vineyards are available
- 41 km to Le Pal animal and theme park, cheaper and better than Disney in our opinion
- 106 km to Clermont-Ferrand the massive central and the new vulcania theme park.
- 5 km to Fishing
- 4 km to Horse riding
- 16 km to Golf
- 40 km to Thermal station
- 20 km to Reservoir
- 30 km to Swimming
- 25 km to Mountain bike hire
- 65 km to Montlucon
- 50 km to Vichy
- 25 km to Station (Moulins)
- 4 km to Bakery
- 16 km to Pharmacy
- 16 km to Supermarket
Local lakes offer fishing, free beaches and water sports.
Saint-Pourçain-sur-Sioule has a number of supermarkets and a decently priced garage for fuel.
Bourbon-l’Archambault is also good and has a lot to see.
Moulins has the most and largest shops.
Enter from the south along the D707 Route de Lyon (Yzeure) for the large Carrefour and don’t miss Grand Frais for the best fresh produce.
Shops close for lunch Monday to Friday in general, plus all bank holidays.