- Bedroom 1 has a 160cm bed and plenty of light from a window,
a velux and a patio door leading out onto a small balcony.
- Bedroom 2 has two singles and a cot.
The beds all have new quality foam mattresses.
Two z-beds are available for occasional use.
Downstairs bathroom with wc, shower, mirrored cabinet with shaving point inside.
Heated floor for winter use.
Towels and a toilet roll included.
Ikea kitchen with lots of work surfaces and cupboards.
Gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, fridge, washing machine, microwave, coffee maker.
Welcome pack include salt, pepper, dishwasher tablet, washing up liquid and small sample of food items.
Two sofas. Television with English freesat, French terrestrial, DVD player that plays CDs also.
Patio door out to BBQ area.
WiFi is available at no extra cost. It is not super-fast or 100% reliable but normal
browsing and email is fine.
All bed linen and a set of towels is included.
Please bring your own towels for pool use.
The property is cleaned and linen changed prior to arrival.
For multiple weeks a linen change for each week will be provided.
Children welcome, pets may be accepted.
Rural, bring your night eyes as there are no street lamps. Star spotters are in
for a treat as the Milky Way is very visible.
The property has not been designed with wheelchair access in mind.
The staircase has hand rails and is safe for children and older people.
Stair-gate is fitted at the top of the stairs.
The bedrooms are in the eaves, but there are no really low beams to duck under.
BBQ furnished with charcoal for the first burn.
Seating for 7 plus table, 2 sun loungers.
16 foot diameter by 48 inch deep pool for children (sole use).
Most routes are not hilly and ideal for cycling.
Trees may have surplus fruit etc. (grapes on the barn, figs and pears on trees, some plumbs)
Please help yourself to whatever is in season.
More than an acre of mowed lawn surrounded by fruit trees and hedges.
If anyone gets a photo of the Hoopoe’s do let us know – we have seen them but not
with a camera to hand.
Places of interest
- 2 miles from Tronçais – the largest oak forest in Europe with plentiful walks and restaurants
- 2 miles to Couleuvre, cheap fishing, petting zoo, free pool with lifeguard
- 10 miles to Le Veurdre, wine tasting, canoeing and an English butcher for bacon and sausages
- 15 miles to Apremont-sur-Allier, one of the most beautiful villages in France, chateaux and restaurant
- 19 miles to Magny-Cours (French Grand Prix) offers many car and bike related events
- 20 miles to the fortress at Bourbon with thermal baths
- 20 miles to Souvigny monastery, the pilgrimage centre of Europe 1000 years ago
- 35 miles to Moulins, cathedrals and see the birth place of Joan of Arc
- 40 miles to Sancerre and Pouilly for great wine although closer vineyards are available
- 50 miles to Le Pal animal and theme park, cheaper and better than Disney in our opinion
- 70 miles to Clermont-Ferrand the massive central and the new vulcania theme park.
How about a day in Paris?
We tried this over New Year and found it very accessible. Very good train service
from Nevers get you to the center of Paris in about 2 hours.
Local lakes such as Goule and Pirot offer fishing, free beaches and water sports.
- 3 miles to Lurcy-Lévis and Le Kangourou. Very good pizza’s and a lot more. Not open Wed. Best to book. Evenings they open early at 7pm.
- 6 miles to Le Chuchal (just before Franchese). Parisian style fancy food. Superb. Menu available in English. You must book for evenings and weekends. Tiny bit of English spoken.
- 10 miles to Le Petit Auberge at Sancoins. Quality food, other restaurants, bars in the square, large streetmarket on Wednesday.
- 20 miles to Chateau Epines. Very fancy and expensive. We have not tried this yet!
Menu du Jour (lunch) is normally 12 euros, from 12 till 1 start. 3 courses and a glass of wine.
Evenings are 25 euros at good restaurants without wine. Start time 8 till 9.
Sunday lunch is special. It may last 3 to 4 hours, you must book well in advance. 25 euros.
If you go to the old town in Montlucon (very pretty) you will have a wide choice of restaurants, menu du jour from 8 euros and you can choose when to eat.
Local restaurants will not serve you outside their core hour start time.
All restaurants are child friendly and often supply crayons and toys.
- 3 miles to ATAC in Lurcy. A good size supermarket. (other shops too) Monday morning a small typical market.
- 10 miles to Sancoin with a variety of shops and an Intermarche open Sunday morning.
- 30 miles to Nevers, Moulins and Montlucon for all shops.
Shops close for lunch Monday to Friday in general, plus all bank holidays.
Tourist information at Lurcy-Lévis offers a wide range of things and good English is spoken.They also offer internet connection with the use of a computer.
Eric’s bar in Lurcy-Lévis (PMU). He speaks some English, sells fishing tickets for Lurcy, and licenses for departmental fishing.